Fitness for Amputees
- 10000+ Installs -
Promotional Video / Screenshot of Fitness for Amputees
Description of Fitness for Amputees
Your mobile fitness trainer for at home.
The Fitness for Amputees App includes a series of easy-to-understand exercises for leg and arm amputees developed by experienced Ottobock physiotherapists. Up to 6 months after a prosthetic fitting, the app can be your regular companion and provide you with the training you need in this special situation. All you need for the exercises is a mat, a towel and a ball. Once you have installed the app on your device, you can also use it offline.
The app consists of 3 modules for leg prosthesis wearers and 2 modules for arm prosthesis wearers.
The modules for the lower extremity:
- Strength & Endurance: For strengthening the upper body muscles and stabilizing the spine. This is the basis for a natural gait pattern.
- Coordination & Balance: To improve coordination and to support secure standing on the prosthesis. To achieve more comfort and more natural movement sequences.
- Stretch & Relaxation: To relax the muscles and for faster regeneration. With these exercises the flexibility of the muscles can be increased.
The modules of the upper extremity:
- Shoulder: To strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles. With the help of these exercises, poor posture and the resulting back and headaches can be avoided.
- Torso: To strengthen the abdominal and back muscles. To improve the balance, resulting in better stability and more safety with handling the prosthesis.
To achieve the best results, we recommend you to train 2-3 times a week for 5-11 minutes and changing regularly between the respective modules. The 3 levels of difficulty (easy / normal / difficult) allow you to adapt the exercises individually to your physical condition. By changing to a higher difficulty level you can make long-term progress.
More functions and advantages:
- Exercise selection: Either complete a pre-set training program or create your own individual training program
- Music selection: Train to the music available in the app or to your own
- Statistics function: Keep track of your progress and get an overview of the number of exercises you have already completed
- Reminder function: Let the app remind you of your next training session
Download the Fitness for Amputees App now and add it to your daily fitness and rehabilitation program!
- Training for arm amputees through the two modules shoulder and torso
More Information Of Fitness for Amputees
What's new with you? Please tell everyone.
Similar to Fitness for Amputeesmore
American TKD Martial Arts5.8M 0.0
Skills Academy14M 0.0
App Momento Meditação Mindfulness - Atenção Plena66M 0.0
לאומית ניטור דיגיטלי178M 0.0
Fibromialgia Diagnóstico13M 0.0
Fat burning Juice-30 Days Program12M 0.0
PRO RUN CLUB5.8M 0.0
Global Health & Wellness Solutions4.9M 0.0
Erste Hilfe Kompakt kostenlos60M 0.0
Facegroovin' - face yoga61M 0.0
Health Matching Account Services20M 0.0
Sleep Orbit: Relaxing 3D Sounds, White Noise & FanVaries with device 4.2
Ambio - Sleep SoundsVaries with device 4.3
YA Classes - Home Yoga Classes9.3M 4.7
Healthy Spine & Straight Posture - Back exercises33M 4.6
Rephysio - Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy30M 4.3
The Pilates Class34M 4.9
Yoga International: Daily YogaVaries with device 3.0
Simply Yoga - Home Instructor92M 4.6
Advanced Buteyko122M 4.4
Pilates Anytime Workouts35M 4.4
Yoga exercise for Beginners-Daily Workout at Home194M 4.1
Yoga Studio: Poses & Classes107M 4.3